I am so ridiculously behind in posts it’s a little sad, but since Sephora is sending out the VIB/BI thank you gift cards, AND because I love this look for a holiday party, I thought I’d better get my bum moving and post it so you have more ideas on what to spend that 15-20$ on.
Make Up For Ever’s holiday collection, Holodiam, focuses on a mega-sparkly, iridescent eyeshadow look, achieved with their excellent Aqua Creams (which I reviewed here) and loose shimmery pigments that give a duo-chrome sparkle to the eye. MUFE Canada was kind enough to send me #303, which is a white, iridescent rainbow powder, and Pressed Eyeshadow #49 Wine Red which is a Satiny-finish eyeshadow. I absolutely loved the overall look though I had to pass putting on the lashes because I couldn’t get them on! (I need more practice with falsies, clearly).
Face of the Day
Base: Giorgio Armani Designer Lift #5.5
Cheeks: MUFE Aqua Cream #7
Eyes (Step by Step):
- UDPP or Eye Primer of your choice
- Neutral cream eyeshadow (I used L’Oreal Infallible 888 Iced Latte) from lash to browbone, blended out
- Aqua Cream #19 Purple patted heavily onto the lid – I tried blending out a sheer layer but it looked very odd, and the powder sticks much better to a thick layer – do one eye at a time, these eyeshadows set fast!
- Holodiam powder applied with a fluffy brush in a patting motion over the Aqua cream, then blended upwards once you’ve covered all of the cream shadow
- K-Palette liquid black eyeliner, and tightline with a black eyeliner of your choice
- Mascara (Helena Rubinstein Feline Blacks Waterproof in this case) and curl 🙂
Lips: Giorgio Armani Pink 503 – bright because I wanted to, but you could also go MLBB/Nude 🙂
The Holodium powders applied easily and the eye look easily lasted over 8 hrs with no creasing (I was a bit worried with how much Aqua cream I’d packed on, but it was a non-issue). I wish I’d worn this to my holiday party!
I *REALLY* want the other 3 powders but am trying to resist because I would never finish one… but look how sparkly and pretty this one is! Have you picked up anything from this collection?