I (frequently) fall prey to purchasing a lot of things in a short amount of time and then promptly forgetting to use them. I’ll usually remember them at some point but… that’s not always a guarantee. After Sheila and Christine tagged me to do a blue look last week (I requested inspiration to break out of my rut) I first used tried-and-true products in my stash…
So of course I went back to recreate a blue look using the eyeshadow pencil! Despite my large (large) collection of eyeshadows I don’t own a lot of blue palettes (meaning I have less than 5 :P) so I decided to go with my Yaby palette (more options).
Breakdown of the FOTD
Face Bourjois Healthy Mix 55, MUFE HD Powder, Guerlain Meteorites Perles D’Or
Cheeks Benefit Bella Bamba
Eyes UDPP, MAC Bare Study, Yaby (White, Light Blue, Medium Blue), Hello Kitty Charmmy Eyeshadow Kimono, K-Palette 24 hr Liner, L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, UD 24/7 Zero, Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel – Espresso
Lips Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Ming
Bella Bamba was one of my unexpected spring purchases (largely because it came with a GWP at Holts which I thought was cute) but it’s a lovely pinker-peach. I’m not sure if I see the ‘3D Action’ the box promises me but I do like the colour! And the brush is surprisingly useful. This is my first Benefit blush.
Eye close-up and step-by-step:
1) Apply preferred eyeshadow base (I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and a neutral MAC Paint Pot – this time Bare Study)
2) Apply light blue eyeshadow over lid (Yaby Row 1, Column 4 [1-4])
3) Use Hello Kitty Charmmy eyeshadow pencil in Kimono to draw in outer corner and crease
4) Blend light blue lid colour into Kimono with fluffy brush
5) Apply medium blue mid-lid (Yaby 3-5)
6) Apply highlight and blend to soften edges of crease colour with fluffy brush
7) Apply liner, mascara, and fill in brows
I actually really like this look though I should probably find another way to wear Kimono… I don’t do very contrasting looks so I have a feeling it will be more gradiation-based.